Become a Quad X Equine Strength and Conditioning Coach
Learn how to correctly strengthen horses with targeted exercises to reduce injury and increase performance with our Quad X Equine Strength and Conditioning Certificate
This is the only course of its kind that will teach this systematic way of working with horses via the Quad X Method
£242pm x 7 Payments
Assurance of Quality.................
Who is this course for?
What our past students say
What's included? Free with this course.....
Your own Exercise Video Pro account - Worth £39 per month
Access a huge library of equine exercise videos inside of our software. Add your practice branding and have a free rein to use your account to create your own templates and rehabilitation plans.
Anatomy In Action Video course - Worth £120
This high definition video course by Horses Inside out really brings biomechanics to life. This library of beautiful videos provides an amazing visual learning experience which perfectly compliments your study of exercise rehabilitation.
Anatomy and Physiology of Exercise
Functional Anatomy and Exercise Physiology
The Quad X Method
Equine Strength and Conditioning Exercises
Working as a Quad X Coach
Business and Professional Practice
The Quad X Core Strength and Conditioning Programme
What is the Quad X Strength and Conditioning Method?
The Quad X Strength and Conditioning Method includes various exercises which are used systematically to strengthen horses in the right way and condition them correctly for ridden work. The method is used as a way to integrate appropriate strength and conditioning exercises into the horses training programme.
As a Quad X Strength and Conditioning Coach you will work with horses to identify where they have areas of weakness or/and movement imbalances and guide the owner through a tailored programme to help them to develop their horse in the correct way. This will not only improve the horse’s ability to carry the rider and their way of going but will also reduce the chance of injury.
Benefits of studying with us
Why should you choose to study with us? Below are some of the reasons:
- We have been doing this since 2003! Your tutor, Katie Lawrence, is a very experienced specialist in veterinary education and veterinary physiotherapy/rehabilitation and has been training equine physiotherapists and rehabilitation specialists since 2003. Katie’s unique combination of expertise means that she knows exactly what you need to know and exactly how you need to learn it.
- Free access to supporting literature and research – with your course membership you have access to relevant research, some of which is not freely available
- Free access to our developing software which contains instruction videos for equine rehabilitation. Access to this software is usually through a monthly subscription!
- Support and community – You will become part of our private facebook group just for our equine rehab students. Here you will have the support of your classmates from all over the world! We also have regular live sessions where we discuss points of interest and cases.
- Direct access to Katie for any help and advice with cases or any other area of your study. You are fully supported throughout your training.
Meet Your Tutor
Registered Veterinary Physiotherapist, Quad X Strength and Conditioning Coach, Specialist in Veterinary Education - Katie Lawrence
Like many of you, horses are my world. I was on horseback before I could walk. My passion has always been the welfare and comfort of the horse and I have been a veterinary physiotherapist for 20 years.
First and foremost I am a practitioner, I am not a natural academic. I understand the challenges you face making sense of the research and most importantly applying it to your practice. There have been many times I have left a lecture theatre or conference wondering ‘how does this apply to me and my equine patients?’. I have trained so many people over the years in this specialist field that I know exactly what struggles you face as a therapist and I know what you need to learn in order to deliver the very best rehabilitation therapy for the horses in your care.
Quick points about me:
- I have been a Veterinary Physiotherapist for 20 years and have been training Equine and Canine therapists and Veterinary Nurses since 2003.
- I am the founder of the Quad X® Equine Strength and Conditioning Method.
- I have developed many courses including vocational diplomas and an undergraduate degree in Veterinary Physiotherapy (BSc Hons).
- I have been involved in industry regulation for many years and regularly sit on validation panels and on course approval boards.
- I developed the first ever blended learning Veterinary Physiotherapy Degree
- I have a specialist qualification in Veterinary Education from the Royal Veterinary College, London (RVC). I was the first Veterinary Physiotherapist in the world to be awarded this qualification.
- I hold a Postgraduate Qualification in Equestrian Rehabilitation and Performance.
- I was a founding board member of the Animal Health Professions’ Register (AHPR).
- I am a lifetime Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- My mission is to improve awareness of equine rehabilitation and exercise therapy far and wide, so that more horses can reap the benefit. Thank you for helping me. Read more about Katie.